- Scott Flansburg was born in New York on December 28, 1963.
- He served in the U.S. Air Force (1982-1988) and had a tour of duty with the Office of Special Investigations in Tokyo, Japan. He then returned to the United States and became an advocate of teaching math in an innovative fashion.
- In 1989 he drew the attention of Regis Philbin. Mr. Philbin is the individual that is credited for naming Scott, The Human Calculator during his appearance on The Regis and Kathy Lee Show.
- In 1991 he began working on a project called Turn On the Human Calculator In You, a series of tapes that was subsequently on Mike Levy’s Amazing Discoveries.
- Turn On the Human Calculator In You was one of the most successful early infomercials touted as having in excess of 125 million viewings.
- The follow-up product was called Mega Math with Kevin Tredeau (1996) which added a video and workbook and was later published by Tru Vantage International.
- He has subsequently appeared on countless television shows including Oprah, Ellen, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Good Morning America, Discovery Channel’s `More Than Human’, and thousands of local radio and TV shows.
You can take a look at the infomercial here: