This is the kid friendly version of Einstein’s puzzle. It is claimed that only 2% of the world population can solve the puzzle! (and Einstein supposedly invented the original puzzle, though I have my doubts).
Suppose there are five houses of different colors next to each other on the same street. There are also five children who each live in one of these houses (with each child not living with the other four). Every child has a single favorite drink, a single favorite food, and also has one pet.
1. Peter lives in the red house.
2. Mary has a dog.
3. Linus drinks tea.
4. The green house is just to the left of the white one.
5. The child in the green house drinks lemonade.
6. The child who likes cookies has birds.
7. The child in the yellow house likes chocolate.
8. The child in the middle house drinks milk.
9. Emma lives in the first house.
10. The child who likes sweets has a neighbor with a cat.
11. The child who likes chewing-gum drinks apple juice.
12. The child who has a horse lives next to the child who likes chocolate.
13. Anna likes cake.
14. Emma lives next to the blue house.
15. The child who likes sweets lives next to the child who drinks water.
QUESTION: Who has fish?
Bonus: Determine everything you can about each person and their favorite things.