I hope they don’t wear those everyday in math class 😛
Here are some cool xkcd costumes for halloween!
Before turning the lights out:
After turning the lights out:
If you haven’t seen the video above yet, it’s a video by Matthew Weathers who teaches in the Math Department of Biola University, a private Christian university in a Los Angeles suburb. In it, he does a little joke for the students in his math class.
He also has a halloween video from last year which is rather entertaining:
So, what are the top “mathie” halloween costumes? I’m glad you asked!! In order of operations, they are:
* Note: Only 56% of mathematicians look like the above.
* For my first trick, I’m going to predict what 1+1 is!
3. Math Knot
* Not really a knot since his head isn’t attached to his feet.
* This is a costume for your kitty!
5. Math Teacher
* Caution: Wearing this shirt doesn’t make you good at math.
6. Rubik’s Cube
* The real puzzle is in his pants.
7. Math Sports Fans
* Go as a group, otherwise you look like a moron with a giant A on your chest (unless your name is Alex).
8. Pumpkin Pi
* Edit: I have just recently learned that the above man was not dressed up for Halloween and was actually wearing his “everyday clothes”. I’d like to officially apologize for this mistake.